Herbs have gained prominence in Western cuisine, taste they contribute to soups, meats, sauces, salads and other preparations, is one of the reasons to use when cooking. However these plants are also used for making hot drinks either for medicinal purposes or simply to provide welfare to people.
Thyme, basil, rosemary, mint, celery, oregano, cilantro, parsley, chives, tarragon, fennel, laurel, and many more, are part of this family of plants with different properties and benefits of good nutrition.
Here we tell you why you should include in your market from now on, and incidentally we give you a tasty recipe for you to work yourself using appliances.
Natural properties and uses
- Thyme:This plant can use both its leaves and flowers to make tea or to perfume and flavored vinegars, oils, curing or making sauces. It combines perfectly with fish, vegetables, lamb, chicken. It is also good because it has digestive properties, stimulates appetite, is healing, etc.
- Peppermint: This plant is characterized by its freshness and minty aroma, you can serve as a digestive drink, and you can use tea extract or oil. How about a rich honey minty? Beyond its medicinal properties, this grass can use in your kitchen to prepare a delicious chocolate dessert with mint cream, or cucumber and mint soup, or a refreshing mint and lemon sorbet.
- Laurel:It is preferred to marinate fish aromatic plant, prepare vegetables with vinegar, soups, sauces and creams as it provides a taste of sweet and spicy. You can use its leaves either dried or fresh, it all depends on how strong you like the tastes and odors in foods. Try making a leg of lamb marinated in laurel, or a tortilla in sauce with laurel, or adding two dry bay leaves when you’re cooking white rice.
- Rosemary:This herb own Mediterranean countries, it is advisable to complete dishes such as drinks, desserts and meats. Ideally, the whole put on the food when you go to cook and then retire. Try putting a few sprigs of rosemary into birds or fish over bake, or how about some sprigs of rosemary in a refreshing lemonade, or if yours is proof baking sprinkle fresh rosemary bread dough and put it in the oven.
- Chamomile:this plant as used in the kitchen for aromatic tea, sweet tea, sweets, candy, liquor, among others; You can also use it to flavor your dishes and delight your family, for example with this recipe squid sauce chamomile.
Recipe mint and lemon sorbet: Test crave your family with this recipe that we suggest you
- 100 grams of sugar.
- A pint of ice cream lemon.
- 1 bunch of fresh mint.
Take a bunch of mint leaves and put them to boil in water with sugar. Then remove them from the fire. Tritúralas, and set aside in the freezer until they are frost.