If you want to know how much water you should take to be healthy, when is harmful to overdo and what substitutes benefit your health, read on. Although our body is 60% water, the human body does not maintain a reserve of this vital liquid, and if not careful consumption, especially in hot weather, you can become dehydrated. The water you drink helps absorb nutrients from food in your blood and carried to each cell of the body.
It also collects waste, which are filtered by the kidneys; this is done many times a day, so to keep it in balance should take 1.5 to 3 liters per day, depending on your age, health status, physical activity, etc. Without exaggerating there a psychological disorder called potomania, which is the compulsion to drink water, and is associated with eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia. Excess water causes the body to lose nutrients, salts and minerals, as the kidneys work more (medium-term) causing cramping, malaise and even, at one end, death.
Risks in the market today you can find a multitude of options to hydrate, but it is important to differentiate, because not all should eat freely as purified water. With some precautions must be taken.
* Energy drink. Over a daily causes headaches, insomnia and taquicarida. Prohibited for children, diabetics, obese and hypertensive patients. No use for refreshment.
* vitaminada Water. Suitable for stressed people with vitamin deficiencies or athletes, not for children. They are not harmful, as long as not taken as a meal replacement.
* Water with mineral salts. They have the same amount of minerals and salts lost fluids; abuse in their consumption causes kidney stones. Only athletes and mild to moderate dehydration. * Mineral water. Sparkling and high in minerals such as sodium, magnesium and sulfate is used for mild dehydration or mix with alcohol avoiding sugar.
Benefits of drinking water:
1. prevents hypertension and the development of kidney stones. Lubricates joints and reduces arthritic pain.
2. Reduce the risk of urinary tract infections or respiratory tract. Improves digestion and helps eliminate toxins.
3. hydrates the skin, reduces wrinkles, and improves the quality of hair and nails.
4. prevents the formation of cellulite. Helps burn fat faster and decreases appetite. Easy method not need to drink 2 liters minimum recommended daily in one step. Follow these recommendations and will be easier: Morning: Take 500 mls. (2 glasses) over a period of 30 minutes to 1 hour. In the afternoon, Take 1,000 mls. (5 glasses) over a period of 1-3 hours. At night, Take 500 mls. (2 glasses) over a period of 30 minutes to 1 hour. Do not torture you if you do not like plain water, in counting liters include soups, milk, water, fruit juice, tea, coffee, etc. Eat fruits with plenty of fluids such as watermelon, orange, pear and peach, which also provide fiber and vitamins.