Starting a career as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Massachusetts is the fastest way to step into the field of health care. The process of attaining the position of an LPN is similar to that of Texas’s, which is a hassle free procedure crafted by the authorities. LPN is an extremely generous profession of the medical department to be laboured out. The bond between a patient and an LPN is noteworthy; the LPN’s are always at the toes of their patients in order to grant them a level of comfort on a daily basis. An LPN even after sharing the same educational background as that of a Registered Nurse is still not permitted to carry out supervisory activities such as taking tests, injecting a patient etc. as the experience and qualification differs.
A Licensed Practical Nurse can make their ways to various medical departments where they play a vital role in assisting the doctors while any check-up, these departments are: Emergency Room, Labour and Delivery, Oncology, Pediatric Nurse, Rehabilitative and Gerontolgy. The top LPN Schools in Massachusetts are:
- Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical School
- Blue Hills Regional Technical School
- North Shore Community College
- Charles H. McCann Technical School
- Dimon Regional Technical High School
These schools are remarked high in their proficiency level and hence, have acquired the position in top ranking nursing schools. These schools can be joined at a young age; the school doesn’t provide a hands-on practise like the ones provided in colleges. For starting a course at one of the LPN schools, a candidate is required to have a high school diploma with a GPA of at least 2.0 or a GED certificate along with citizenship proof. After applying for the programme the selected candidates undergo a test which is known as The Test of Basic Academic Skills; after clearing the written entrance exam the students go through an application interview and finally the selected candidates will receive a letter of acceptance.
The LPN Programme at Massachusetts is exceptionally quick as there isn’t any need to get a degree prior to applying for the licensure of an LPN and the certificate of a certified programme such as a Diploma in Nursing will do the job. In Massachusetts a candidate willing to become an LPN only requires an LPN Licence which is going to certify the candidate in order to start working as on. The Process of getting the licence is elementary which includes:
- A candidate is required to have at least a diploma or certificate after finishing their nursing programme from any of the certified nursing schools, thereafter
- A candidate it supposed to apply for the licence with the Massachusetts Board of Nursing.
- Lastly, the candidate will have to get a CPR card and pass the NCLEX-PN exam.
The cost of tuition fees of an LPN Programme varies and for the candidates who require financial aid, the government of Massachusetts have introduced various financial aiding Programmes such as the Scholarship Programmes order to help the enthusiasts in attaining the required diploma or certificate for becoming an LPN.
Colleges providing the degree for becoming a Licensed Practical Nurse are:
- Northern Essex Community College
- Assabet Valley Regional Technical School
- Greenfield Community College
- Holyoke Community College
- Porter and Chester Institute
- Massachusetts Bay Community College