Different Problems, Different Doctors


You should go to your family doctor every year for a physical. However, sometimes you need more in-depth examinations, expertise and help than your physician can provide. He or she may refer you to one of these specialists.


If you are having trouble with your mental health, you should see a psychiatrist as soon as possible. Like all other medical conditions, mental health problems are likely to worsen if left untreated. Your primary care physician can refer you to a practice, or you can find one on your own. Make sure that your doctor has proper licensing and certifications. Psychiatrists like Jack Wu MD can diagnose different mental disorders, including anxiety and depression. They can offer counseling services as well as medication on a case-by-case basis.


A primary care physician may refer you to a dermatologist if they notice unusual skin conditions such as large moles or a rash. You may also go on your own if you notice a persistent problem with your skin as well as with your nails or hair. Treatments range from ointments and other medications to surgery. The majority of visits to dermatologists concern acne, but more serious skin complaints do exist and have treatment options.


At your annual physical, you probably take some form of an eye exam. For those who continue to have 20/20 vision and no concerns about their eyes, this test is usually enough. People who have vision problems will need to see an ophthalmologist to have their eyes tested by a specialist. Glasses or contacts usually can correct problems with sight. However, eyes can become diseased. Ophthalmologists can diagnose illnesses and prescribe medication or recommend surgery or another form of correction.

Take care of your health by seeing one of these or another kind of specialist if you have issues that your primary care physician

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *